12.10.2008

my starbucks family

there are two starbucks in my town. one is on berkeley blvd and the other on wayne memorial drive. i've been priviledged enough to be a part of both stores. i worked at berekely until a few months ago when the new store opened. annnnyway, tonight my starbucks family made me feel very loved. <3

josh used to work with me at the old store until he became an EMT, just a few months ago. he received a call saying that there was a diabetic emergency on audubon ave [[which happens to be the street on which i live]]. [[oh, and i am a diabetic, i guess that is an important part of the story as well]] so he calls the old store. he gets amanda, and asks where i am. she doesn't know, nobody knows. so amanda calls me. i am sleeping on the couch, completely unaware of the entire situation, didn't get to the phone. amanda freaks out, calls my best friend heather. has she heard from me? noooooo. heather freaks, she and her husband get dressed and jump in the car to come to my house. still i am unaware. christian from the old store calls the new store while amanda is talking to heather and gets ahold of my other best friend kellie, who is working there. she hasn't heard from me either. kellie calls me. still i didn't answer the phone, i was making some scrambled eggs. :D chelsea is working with kellie at the new store, she texts me and says "hey baby! u alright?" i think back to a few hours earlier when i left work wondering if i was upset about anything. noooo. so i text her back, saying "no, why?" then i am interrupted by a phone call from heather. "michael and i are on the way to your house, are you okay??" oooh my. then i hear the whole story, and frankly i'm amazed at how fast news travels!! it is humorous to me [[though i hope my neighbor is okay]] and i feel bad that everyone was so worried! no worries, i am fine, happy as can be after my little nap on the couch.

[[chelsea, heather and i in the drive thru lane, and kellie and me laughing as usual!]]

in a matter of minutes, someone has a diabetic emergency, calls 911, dispatch calls josh, josh calls starbucks, amanda calls me, amanda calls heather, christian calls kellie, kellie calls me, kellie tells people at work and chelsea texts me, heather calls me, i call starbucks, and the whole drama ends. it's good to know that we all take care of our sbux peeps. :D

[[josh, heather, kenny, brandy, conner, rudy, scooter, grace, zack and myself last christmas]]

thanks guys, you're the best! thanks for watching my back!!

love ya

4 comments:

T & K said...

Incase you don't check the comments below...can I see you? Rachel and your family too of course!

sar said...

we can try!! i don't know if your trips home are like mine, but i'm so booked already i don't know if i will have time to sleep! but i would love to see you if we can coincide!

T & K said...

I know the feeling! But I'm sure we could find some time!

Anonymous said...

I just love it! What a grand story! they sound so good to you! This kind of story does my heart good b/c it shows that others are taking care of you there...when we are so far away and can't do as good of a job!
I love you Sar!